Here is a quick rundown of some of the best sites to get your DV Rebel fix when I taking my sweet time getting you some more content:
- DIYPhotography This site is mainly for the photographer but dont let that fool you they have some stellar articles on lighting, home studios, inspiration on a great looking shot etc etc. Even a article from yours truly!
- The HV20/30/40 forum. This is a forum for users of one of my favorite cameras the HV30 from canon. In the section DIY and Modifications you will find a veritable TON of info and some great people are there to help you out. However tread lightly in the forum cause the moderators are complete assholes, yes you heard me right I love the site but the people running it are arrogant jerks that think they are all that and a bag of chips. I hate sending people there because of the attitude but you cant beat the info on the site.
- The Frugal Filmmaker this is a new video blog that I have run across and Scott has some great info and gear for you to get your DV Rebel fix
- Izzy video is a great site and where I really started getting my first info for my podcasts right from editing to gear. There are some free tutorials there but the meat and potatoes is in his subscription site <–Affiliate link. Now as good as the info there is one thing I see is that he uses all pro equipment now this is not all that bad if you have the money. Still his subscription is worth every cent you put into it.
- ProLost is a blog from Stu Maschwitz the author of the must have book The DV Rebel’s Guide His blog is awesome and the forum he has at the site for the book is good for a look see as well Rebel Cafe’ forum
- FilmRiot by far the most entertaining of all the resources. It is a podcast on film making with demo skits to show off what you will be learning. It is so good that even if you are not interested in film making you will enjoy this podcast. I watch it with my wife (who could care less about DV stuff) on my apple tv.
- Indy Mogul another podcast well actually a network of podcasts for the independent film maker. They have great info but my favorite show is Backyard FX. Some times it has a bit of a college radio show feel to it but they have some great stuff for you to build props and effects. This would be the second stop for the slasher film maker after FilmRiot.
So I hope you like my shortlist of the best websites to visit and please leave a link to your favorite sites below or even send us over to your site to have a look see.